invers Software

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Screenwriting

Posted by auggybendoggy 
Screenwriting
11 years ago
Ulf,
you guys at inverse really should take making modules for Calamus a screenwriting program. It seems like it would not take much except learning how to write the screenplay (format).

A few modules to store character names
key bindings to put in the names (in the correct format)
a scene module which organizes scenes and
PDF and RTF output

inverse could hit the market to hollywood selling a new screenwriting program. It's a great market for newcomers who don't want to spend 300.00 for a simple prorgram.

Seems like a cut down version (similar to calamus lite) could cost about 150.00 dollars.

Calamus is great and having control is real helpful. I tried Final Draft and it's kind of a pain becuase it's a forced eniroment.

Calamus is loose and gives more freedom so I actually prefer it.

Should think about it ulf.

Aug
Re: Screenwriting
11 years ago
Are you familiar with all these applications?
[en.wikipedia.org]

Grüße / Greetings / Groetjes / Salutations,
Ulf Dunkel · invers Software
Re: Screenwriting
11 years ago
yes, Ulf.

what I like about Calamus is the flexibility to those however. If there was a program more between the currect writing programs (whcih are like word) and Calamus (desktop publisher) that is what I think would appeal to people.

The problem with these programs is they FORCE page breaks, they force "CONT" when at times you don't want it; things like that.

Calamus still gives the writer the ability to DO WHATEVER THEY LIKE. For example, if I finish my screenplay and want it to add illustrations for family to read CALAMUS can do it, the others CANNOT.

So thats why I say if calamus had a few modules it really could manage to be a good screenplay program and offer writers who want to be a bit more artistic, functions the other programs don't have.

Aug
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy