Advanced

OSX raster print problem SOLVED!!!

Posted by Roger Jönsson 
Roger Jönsson
OSX raster print problem SOLVED!!!
16 years ago
Hi again,

Today I installed MacOSX 10.3.
Printing issue was not solved by this. The Calamus rastered documents still comes out distorted. Adjusting the contrast setting to max, as before, removed most of the distrotion, but not all. The OKI 14ex laserprinter only prints multiple copies at 2 pages/minute (same document on MacPrint and OS9 results in about 14 pges per minute!)

So I went and installed MacGimp-print and tried the recomended HP4 driver. I pressed "print" and nervously waited for the printing result and for the paper to come out. Then it came out. PERFECT!

PERFECT!!!! (Atleast I haven't found any errors yet)
===========

It has settings for NOT making rasters of its own, so I don't have to fiddle with the contrast and it is sligtly faster and multipe copies now come ot at 6-7/minute, which is about OK for my needs.
It is limited to 600dpi, though. Maybe some of the other Macgimp drivers works with 1200dpi too, but I settle with this for now.

__So:__
-The darn OKI driver (apart from the need to fool it with the contrast setting, not to add its own raster) probably does bad math. There sometimes seems to be a line missing/skipped. (Converstion error, approximation error???)
This is not visible on text or greyscale photo, but with rasters, very disturbing. OKI was not interested in responding to my problem, so I guess I'm not interested in buying an OKI, next time, especially since the problem, as I understand it, was caused by their driver!

David Barkin
Re: OSX raster print problem SOLVED!!!
16 years ago
Hi Roger

The folks at Source Forge are working on the problems of OSX 10.3.x with GIMP Print. They've told me that it appears to be an Apple bug with Panther and that they are working on this with Apple.

You can probably look forward to faster speeds when this is fixed.

Dave
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy