invers Software

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

possible solution for postscript to film output

Posted by Gene 
The problem: all vector curves outputted to film are replaced with many flat lines.

resolution: (not sure of this but believe Im trailing the problem) Jerry a few days ago informed me that he had this problem and that he understood corel draw users had the same problem. I then researched Corels on line support and Adobes on line support.

1(corel draw) Indeed this has been a problem but not too much of one. Apparently they provide a option to control "flatness" of vector objects. This setting .1-10 provides the postscript printer a value to handle the curves of all vector objects on a page. IF THE SETTING IS TOO HIGH THEN CURVES WILL BE REPLACED WITH FLAT LINES. THEY EXPLAIN THAT THE LETTER "O" WILL LOOK LIKE A STOP SIGN. This is exactly my problem. Illustrator shows the file as being fine (curves are brezier curves in Illustrator). But the Image setters replace the curves with flat lines. It is this flatness Setting that has something to do with the output.

heres from the corel site

Set flatness to: (Default 1.0) This value determines how smooth a curve will appear when printed. As the flatness increases, curves begin to appear as connected straight lines. If you are having problems with complex objects, start by leaving this value at 1.00 and enable the Auto Increase Flatness check box. If this doesn't help, increase the flatness by 2 and try again.

Note: A flatness level set too high will produce distorted curves.

Auto increase flatness: Causes the application to automatically increase the flatness in increments of 2, as needed. When attempting to print an object, all printing will cease when the flatness value exceeds the value set in the Set Flatness To box by 10. At this point, the printer skips the problematic object and goes on to the next object.

Tip: If objects are being dropped from your output due to complexity, try enabling the Auto Increase Flatness check box.

(adobe) Adobe addresses the problem also but they see to resolve the issue with a plug in filter called RIDERS FILES. This module allows Illustrator to control flatness of a EPS FILE.

heres from Adobes site:-

Flatness Choose a preset flatness setting from the Flatness pop-up menu, or choose Other to specify a custom flatness from 0.2 to 200.

I believe Calipso and Calipso could be all the better if this setting was added to them. If this is where our problem lies the n Inverse should resolve it. NOT BY HAVING US BUY ILLUSTRATOR OR DRAW but by supplying us with neccessitys.

If anyone know much about all of this please notify me. I have been holding back greatly concerning Calamus because of this menace problem.

Sincerely,

Gene Pineda
The problem: all vector curves outputted to film are replaced with many flat lines.
resolution: (not sure of this but believe Im trailing the problem) Jerry a few days ago informed me that he had this problem and that he understood corel draw users had the same problem. I then researched Corels on line support and Adobes on line support.
1(corel draw) Indeed this has been a problem but not too much of one. Apparently they provide a option to control "flatness" of vector objects. This setting .1-10 provides the postscript printer a value to handle the curves of all vector objects on a page. IF THE SETTING IS TOO HIGH THEN CURVES WILL BE REPLACED WITH FLAT LINES. THEY EXPLAIN THAT THE LETTER "O" WILL LOOK LIKE A STOP SIGN. This is exactly my problem. Illustrator shows the file as being fine (curves are brezier curves in Illustrator). But the Image setters replace the curves with flat lines. It is this flatness Setting that has something to do with the output.
heres from the corel site Set flatness to: (Default 1.0) This value determines how smooth a curve will appear when printed. As the flatness increases, curves begin to appear as connected straight lines. If you are having problems with complex objects, start by leaving this value at 1.00 and enable the Auto Increase Flatness check box. If this doesn't help, increase the flatness by 2 and try again.
Note: A flatness level set too high will produce distorted curves.
Auto increase flatness: Causes the application to automatically increase the flatness in increments of 2, as needed. When attempting to print an object, all printing will cease when the flatness value exceeds the value set in the Set Flatness To box by 10. At this point, the printer skips the problematic object and goes on to the next object.
Tip: If objects are being dropped from your output due to complexity, try enabling the Auto Increase Flatness check box.

(adobe) Adobe addresses the problem also but they see to resolve the issue with a plug in filter called RIDERS FILES. This module allows Illustrator to control flatness of a EPS FILE.
heres from Adobes site:- Flatness Choose a preset flatness setting from the Flatness pop-up menu, or choose Other to specify a custom flatness from 0.2 to 200.
I believe Calipso and Calipso could be all the better if this setting was added to them. If this is where our problem lies the n Inverse should resolve it. NOT BY HAVING US BUY ILLUSTRATOR OR DRAW but by supplying us with neccessitys.
If anyone know much about all of this please notify me. I have been holding back greatly concerning Calamus because of this menace problem.
Sincerely, Gene Pineda

Sorry, the problem needs to be corrected in bridge not Calipso. It's got to do with writing the ps file not reading it.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy