invers Software

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Colour image resolution

Posted by Jonas Möller Nielsen 
Jonas Möller Nielsen
Colour image resolution
15 years ago
When I use colour photos in documents, the whole document and PDF-file becomes very large. The photos, some times, are in 600 dpi resolution, and I have been thinking about reducing the resolution, with Bridge 6, to let say 200 dpi.

My question is: am I doing the right thing?

When I test it on a 300 dpi laser printer, I can not see any difference in output quality, but maybe it will be worse on a professional colour printer (which I do not have sad smiley ).

If my way of doing it is correct, what would be a reasonable resolution to use?

Regards
Jonas Möller Nielsen
Sweden
Paul Pasveer
Re: Colour image resolution
15 years ago
Hi Jonas,

I have learned in the past that with normal screens, the resolution of the photo can be 1/4 of the output resolution, which in your case could be 75 dpi. With FM-screens this should be 1/3, so 100 dpi. I would stay on the safe side with 150 or 200 dpi, because I think it also depends on how fine or coarse the screen is.
But, with a line-drawing (only black and white) you should stay with the output resolution.
I have a few CDs with so called HiRes photos and they are all 300 dpi for 'normal' sized output.

When I want a really smaller PDF, I export the document with Bridge as PS and the run it through the Distiller. This makes for smaller sizes, especially with bitmap images.

- Paul
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy