invers Software

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Arrows with Bezier-curves

Posted by Jonas Möller Nielsen 
Jonas Möller Nielsen
Arrows with Bezier-curves
15 years ago
This is a suggested improvment of the Arrow/Stars-module. I often want to make arrows that bend smoothly and not so bruscly as the Arrow-module does today. An easy way of adding this feature is that the line that makes up the body of the arrow (that is from the pointy part to the bottom/back) is made as a straight Bezier-curve instead. It is then easy to enter the Vector-module and drag the control points and thus make the arrow bend softly. As I can see it, this should not be difficult to implement in the code today.

Jonas Möller Nielsen
Sweden
Re: Arrows with Bezier-curves
15 years ago
Hello Jonas

> This is a suggested improvment of the Arrow/Stars-module. I
> often want to make arrows that bend smoothly and not so bruscly
> as the Arrow-module does today. An easy way of adding this
> feature is that the line that makes up the body of the arrow
> (that is from the pointy part to the bottom/back) is made as a
> straight Bezier-curve instead. It is then easy to enter the
> Vector-module and drag the control points and thus make the
> arrow bend softly. As I can see it, this should not be
> difficult to implement in the code today.

This is a very good suggestion. Of course, with the help of the Bridge- and LineArt modules you can already do this, but indeed in the Star-department of V-Objects the beziers are implemented, so perhaps in version 2 we can expect 'your' function.

I think it is best if you enter a suggestion like this in the 'Bug'-Tracking System [www.calamus.net]. Then it will be posted directly to the programmer concerned.

- Paul
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy