invers Software

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Lighten up an area of a photo

Posted by Jonas Möller Nielsen 
Jonas Möller Nielsen
Lighten up an area of a photo
15 years ago
I want to lighten up a portion of a photo. I want it to be lighter so I easily can put text and other objects there, but stil be able to se the original photo. I have done this before some years ago, but now I have forgotten. I rembember that I should make a frame (of some kind) over the portion of the photo that I want to make lighter and then use the control line to change the contrast and brightnes. But exactly what frame type I shouls create and how that could influence the photo I do not remember. Could someone please help me fill in the missing parts of my memory.

Jonas Möller Nielsen
Sweden
Re: Lighten up an area of a photo
15 years ago
Hi Jonas,

if I understand you correctly, you should do the following:
- copy the image at exactly the same place as the original
- lighten up the top image with FrankLin
- cut out the part which you wanted to be lighter

I think this should work.

Succes,

- Paul Pasveer
The Netherlands
15 years ago
There is another simple way if you own at least MERGE or PAINT:

- Get the resolution of the image which you want to be enlightened portionally - by using the according dialogs in the FRAME module (http://www.calamus.net/man/us/mod/frm/0202.htm) or in MERGE / PAINT (http://www.calamus.net/man/de/mod/pnt/0403.htm).
- Create a tiling frame exactly on the position and area which you want to be enlightened.
- "Stamp" the area with the help of the according MERGE / PAINT dialog (http://www.calamus.net/man/de/mod/pnt/0403.htm).
- Adjust lightness (and contrast) of the new partial image with FrankLIN.
- Done.

Grüße / Greetings / Groetjes / Salutations,
Ulf Dunkel · invers Software
Jonas Möller Nielsen
15 years ago
Thank's again. This is a bit easier since I can more easily control the edges of the tiling frame (transparent) than then black raster mask.

Jonas Möller Nielsen
Sweden
15 years ago
Hi,

I tried Ulf's solution and it is very easy indeed. I'll do that more often.
On the other hand, masking (e.g. with a rasterframe or a vectorframe) is more flexible if you want another form than a rectangular. But often that is not the case.

Sometimes I make a virtual copy of the image, then mask the original image and control the lightness of the masked image with the virtual copy (lying outside the page-area).

In Calamus there are often more than one way to achieve your goal (thank heavens).

- Paul
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy