invers Software

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Colours and transperencies in Calamus

Posted by Jonas Möller Nielsen 
Jonas Möller Nielsen
Colours and transperencies in Calamus
15 years ago
I have a Hades with a ET4000 graphics card, 256 colours. The colours are not always so good in Calamus and the transperancies does not always work correctly either. I use NAES 2 and MiNT.

Would changing to a true colour graphics card improve the colurs and the transperencies under Calamus?

Jonas
Re: Colours and transperencies in Calamus
15 years ago
You can use Calvin under 256c in order to calibrate the screen output of colours.

I wonder if the Calamus transparency works with N.AES 2.
As far as I know, it only works with WinPack and MagiCMac (X) - but I can be wrong ...

Grüße / Greetings / Groetjes / Salutations,
Ulf Dunkel · invers Software
Jonas Möller Nielsen
15 years ago
The transperencie work with Calvin 256 colour calibration (but the printed output is NOT transperent! The same goes for the PDF-file generated with Bridge 6. The transperencie works with Calvin 256 colours but is not there on the output.)

Under Papyrus 9 things get transperent but some times white becomes yellow. But most important, I can se though! This I can not achieve with Calamus unles I use Calvin 256 colurs calibration. (the default one, supplied with Calvin)

Jonas
15 years ago
Attention: If you output some image files with Bridge to PS/EPS/PDF which have been set to TRANSPARENT in the Frame module, the colour WHITE will stay white in the according PS/EPS/PDF.

This is mentioned in the Bridge manual as well as a workaround (using vector masks for clipping the image motive) is described in a long step-by-step tutorial there.

Please check your CALAMUS.SET file. In the first section (#SystemParameters), you find an entry "NoTransparencies". If this is set to "On", you will not see any transparency on screen.

Grüße / Greetings / Groetjes / Salutations,
Ulf Dunkel · invers Software
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy