invers Software

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Calamus Set file

Posted by David Barkin 
David Barkin
Calamus Set file
16 years ago
Every time I save the Calamus Set file, the existing set file is not overwritten, but rather a new file appears simply called CALAMUS, with no extension. When I re-run the program, it uses the old set file and I have to manualy delete the old one and rename the new file.

Dave
Re: Calamus Set file
16 years ago
Hi Dave,

are you working with Windows? If so, does your Windows show "known file extensions" like ".exe" and ".set"? If not - I recommend you better switch this misfeature of Windows off.

Maybe this is the reason why Calamus "seems" to only save a file named "Calamus".

Grüße / Greetings / Groetjes / Salutations,
Ulf Dunkel · invers Software
David Barkin
16 years ago
Hi Ulf

No, I'm working with both a Mac and My Hades. The same problem occurs with both machines.

Dave
Steve Kaleita
16 years ago
I am having the same problem.

And in addition to that, I am having no luck printing with the new mac print driver in version SL2003 V2. I get an error message: NOT Licenced with this Calamus. (MACXPRINT.CDT)

Calamus 2002 V4 prints fine.
16 years ago
Hi Steve.

Please load "MacPrintX.CDT" only. The buggy "MacXPrint.CDT" was put into the R2 bundle by mistake. Sorry.

STEVE KALEITA
16 years ago
In regards to the set file not saving and loading in SL2003v2.

When you save your settings calamus saves them as CALAMUS, with no extension. So it won't load those settings next time you run Calamus.

The fix I found is you select the Calamus.set file (the one that is installed by default), then save. It will then overwrite that file and load, next time you run Calamus.
If you just enter in CALAMUS.SET, or add a ".SET" and save,: it won't work. But it will save a file called CALAMUS with no extension. I tried to add the set extension to the CALAMUS file in the file info menu, but the OS won't allow it.
16 years ago
Hi Steve.

Are you working with Calamus under Windows?
If so, did you allow Windows to show "known extension" (or stuff - I do not know the exact English phrase)?

I guess that Calamus saves the file name of the current set file into the set file itself. Assuming that it wrote "CALAMUS" only - without any extension - it wants to load a file named CALAMUS as its set file on relaunch, too.

I will check this in the source code. This is not the wanted behaviour.

David Barkin
16 years ago
Hi Ulf

Actually there's a more extensive problem. I note that from time to time Calamus adds a second period to the file name. I had a lot of problems with my CKT file because the Calamus Set file added a second period - For example, My set file stated: CALAMU.S.CKT - So naturally since the actual CKT was correct, it would not load. I manual changed the name in the CKT file.

While I had a similar problem with the Filter Module, making sure that the period was correct didn't help

In trying to fix my problem with the filter module, I loaded the filters and saved the SET file specifying save only paths - The result being a 2k set file that when used ignored all my other settings.

There's something wrong here on both my Mac and Hades - I don't use WINDOZE

Dave
16 years ago
Dave:
This sounds very strange to me. Of course, Calamus tries and adds ".<extension>" if a file name is not given properly.

But I cannot find any source code where a single "point" should be added into the file name.

David Barkin
16 years ago
Hi Ulf

The problems with my CKT file I straightened out by manually changing the .SET file. Same thing with other aspects. In other words the .SET file had the two periods emnbedded in it.

Saving the SET file almost (not always but almost always) simply writes a file called CALAMUS.

The FS file for the filter module will want to write a file with two periods. However even if I save it properly and the FS file works properly while I;m in a session (i.e. - if I delete the filters and then load setup everything works fine) when I restart Calamus again I get the same problem - When loading a filter Calamus presents me with the root directory of Calamus.

Obviously Calamus nis reading the .FS file because I get a message "path cannot be found," I then have to hit cancel. It is so annoying that I have simply deleted all the filters. I can't find any fix.

Once again this is both on my Mac and Hades,

Dave
16 years ago
Hi Dave.

At this moment, I cannot replay the two points problem with your SET and FS file. Are you gonna say that Calamus wants to load or save setup files with suggested filenames like "CALAMUS..SET" or "FILTER..FS"?

The FS path problem:
Are your filters put in a subfolder called "FILTERS" or is the subfolder name something else?

David Barkin
16 years ago
Oh my Gosh

You are right! My folder was named "FILTER" not "FILTERS" although it worked with the last version of the filter Module, it didn't with this.

Now the filter module is working

Dave
Jonas Möller Nielsen
15 years ago
I have had problems with the calamus.set-file on my Hades as well. I have just found out that if I swith off the Calamus file selector and instead use my standard one (in my case BoxKite), the problems disappear.

Regards
Jonas Möller Nielsen

Roger Jönsson
15 years ago
I never had any problems with the .set file.
But then I always used boxkite....
So that could be it.
15 years ago
@ Jonas, Roger, David:

Which OS are you running on your HADES machines?

Jonas Möller Nielsen
15 years ago
I am running

- Hades 060
- N.AES 2 with MiNT 1.15.5

Jonas
15 years ago
I never had any problems saving the CALAMUS.SET file on my Hades 060 - but I never used N.AES. I was happily using MagiCHades 6.01.

I wonder if Michael Monscheuer fixed some file access problems under N.AES, which I read of in the support hotline.

David Barkin
15 years ago
I'm using MagiCMac on the Mac, and the normal TOS that comes with the Hades.

Dave
15 years ago
Hi Dave.

MagiCHades 6.0x is a real must for your Hades. Long filenames, Jinnee and stuff let me never start TOS again on my Hades then.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy