invers Software

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Inverting black/white bitmaps

Posted by Jonas Möller Nielsen 
Jonas Möller Nielsen
Inverting black/white bitmaps
16 years ago
I have exported bitmaps from a PDF-file, with Porthos. There is a black and white image (monochrome) that where the colours are exported wrongly. Black is white and white becomes black. Is there any way for me to change this with Calamus?
Re: Inverting black/white bitmaps
16 years ago
Select the image.
Then open the control curve editor (FrankLIN by default).
You will see a two part control line in the edit window, which looks like this ASCII graphic (the dots are neccessary because blanks would be removed by the Phorum editor:

.....+-----
.....|.....
.....|.....
-----+.....

Grab the low left line and pull it to the top. Then grab the top right line and pull it to the bottom. The line should now look like:

-----+.....
.....|.....
.....|.....
.....+-----

That's all.

Grüße / Greetings / Groetjes / Salutations,
Ulf Dunkel · invers Software
Jonas Möller Nielsen
16 years ago
Thank you. It works. But there is an easier way than dragging. There is a button that swaps the curve! (Within FrankLIN).
16 years ago
Hi Jonas.

Of course there is this button. But I wanted you to find out how the curves work basically.

There is a THIRD way, too: You will find the menu entry "Ink graphics" in the "Correction" popup menu. This leads you to the Calamus color management dialog where you can even assign spot colors to background and foreground color of B&W images.

Grüße / Greetings / Groetjes / Salutations,
Ulf Dunkel · invers Software
Jonas Möller Nielsen
16 years ago
Ulf Dunkel wrote:

> Hi Jonas.
>
> Of course there is this button. But I wanted you to find out
> how the curves work basically.
>

Very smart of you. smiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy