invers Software

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Calamus wish list

Posted by Gene 
Gene
Calamus wish list
19 years ago
One nice feature that I am familiar with in just about all desktop publishersor word processors is the adding of borders to all frames. In Calamus, to the best of my recollection, a text block does not have a border control (color, pt size, shadow of text block). I believe you have to creat different frames to create the border. It would be nice to be able to draw a text block and still be able to select the frames border color and size and other attributes.

I know Im wishing a whole lot but I figure it doesn't hurt to share the Ideasall anyone can do is shoot it down.

Reguards,

Gene
Ulf Dunkel
Re: Calamus wish list
19 years ago
Hi Gene,

for Calamus, this is true for whole text frames. You can assign a frame as the background for a text frame (or even for a piping chain of text frames). As you are not bound to use image frames only, you may even chose a raster area frame with a defined border color and shadow attribute. Just try it (with at least SL99):

Create a text frame, type in some text, then keep the frame selected and call the raster area module. When you change or define a raster area frame attribute, you will be asked if you want to assign that raster area frame to the current text frame.

You will find further features around this topic in the frames module, special function group for text frames.
Gene
Re: Calamus wish list
19 years ago
Hi Gene,for Calamus, this is true for whole text frames. You can assign a frame as the background for a text frame (or even for a piping chain of text frames). As you are not bound to use image frames only, you may even chose a raster area frame with a defined border color and shadow attribute. Just try it (with at least SL99): Create a text frame, type in some text, then keep the frame selected and call the raster area module. When you change or define a raster area frame attribute, you will be asked if you want to assign that raster area frame to the current text frame.
You will find further features around this topic in the frames module, special function group for text frames.

Ulf, This does do just about the same thing. I am happy enough with this. One would never have guessed it but it works rather nicely. Even more power than some other programs concerning the format of the box.

Gene
Ulf Dunkel
Define Backgrounds for Text Frames
19 years ago
Hi Gene.

Ulf, This does do just about the same thing. I am happy enough with this. One would never have guessed it but it works rather nicely. Even more power than some other programs concerning the format of the box.

Didn't you read about this feature already in your SL99 Manual Addendum?
Hi Gene.

no, did you! : )
Ulf Dunkel
Re: Define Backgrounds for Text Frames
19 years ago
no, did you! : )

Uups - should read SL96 Manual Addendum. ;-)))
no, did you! : ) Uups - should read SL96 Manual Addendum. ;-)))

AHHH alas, I now remember my complaint! My issue is not with text frames but rather with graphic frames. I have not been able to take a graphic frame and tell it what kind of frame is should have around it like the raster area module does. I tried the same trick using a raster graphic frame and a bitmap graphic frame and NO CIGAR! I would like to see Calamus handle borders even for bitmap frames. Like outline style, thickness and color. At this time I believe I have to place a raster area (of larger size) behind the bitmap graphic frame to act as a border. This means making sure that each size thickness is right, since the thickness depends on where I place the raster. I sure would be nice to click on the bitmap frame and then have a outline border icon to select to then create the border so all sides are the same and no hassles!

Kick that one around, and no I don't see it in my 99 addendum : )

Still Calamus is AWSOME!

Gene
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy