Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

porportional sizing

Posted by gene 
gene
porportional sizing
19 years ago
Heres a wish for the wish list.

A great Idea that Ive seen in other programs concerning frames is in sizing.

Instead of Calamus having the porportional sizing button which gives you the four corner marks of a frame to size. Other programs incorporate a similar system exceptthat instead of four corner they give you all 8 marks (4 corners, top and bottom, left and right). Now this means that If calamus is set for a pic or frame to stay proportionalit will but the user needs to pull from the corners. This leaves stretching to unporortional sizes still avail withouth having to turn on and off. It works great and I have found it to be much easier.
In case your confused Ill try explaining clearer.

When one selects a frame to be porp. he gets all the points on the frame. If he pulls by any corner Calamus keeps it prop. but if he wants to make it tall or long, or squashed he can still pull from the top, bottom, left or right side marks. Lets say he has a 1 x 1 framehe marks it prop.
he blows it up to 4 x 4 by pulling a corner. calamus keeps it porp when he pulls it from the cornerbut now he thinks man i want it to match the 3.5 line so I need to stretch it vertically.
instead of him having to turn off the porp. selection he will simply grab the middle top mark and pull it up without turning anything on and off.

When working with alot of frames like me this would help majorly. then this button would be used at a minimum.

let me know your thoughts.
David Barkin
Re: porportional sizing
19 years ago
Not a bad option, but if you make a macro out of proportional sizing, in my case Alt + 4, then it'sreally not much of a problem.
David Barkin
Petr Jandik
19 years ago

Not a bad option, but if you make a macro out of proportional sizing, in my case Alt + 4, then it'sreally not much of a problem.
David Barkin I think, thah it is optimally solved by switching between prop and unprop with the SHIFT key, from SL 99.

Petr
Ken Springer
19 years ago
Hi Gene,

Instead of Calamus having the porportional sizing button which gives you the four corner marks of a frame to size. Other programs incorporate a similar system exceptthat instead of four corner they give you all 8 marks (4 corners, top and bottom, left and right).

This way of doing things is standard in Windoze programs. Unfortuately, the actions of the corner area vary. Depending on the program used, the corner arrows: a) allow the window/frame to be sized only proportionally, b) allow the window/frame to be sized both horizontally and vertically at the same time, or c) have an option somewhere for the user to choose which way he/she would like the corner selection arrow to work.

It's been this way at least since Windows 3.0. I never used the previous versions of Windows to know how they worked. I'd suspect they worked like the Digital Ressearch's GEM (Atari)/GEM (IBM) desktop windows..

I suspect that David's (Hi, DB!) or Petr's answers are as good as you can get.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 126 on November 04, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy