invers Software

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

How to scan in Calamus 2006

Posted by Piotr Mietniowski 
Piotr Mietniowski
How to scan in Calamus 2006
7 years ago
I am register user Calamus 2006 Lite edition, and I have question.
I would like to scan a document using Calamus 2006. I have scanner EPSON GT8000. On the manual I have just read to nstall gdpsinit.prg and acc, but when try to initialize the scanner I have information on screen the scanner is not initialized yet. What have I to install in auto folder and ACC accesories ?
Maybe I need to install anything yet
I tried it on hades and falcon with CTPCI. If I use Look II in clean TOS everything work fine.

I'll be very grateful for any help.

Best Regards
Piotr
Re: How to scan in Calamus 2006
7 years ago
Dear Piotr,

I had an ESPON Scanner running on my Atari TT in the early bronze age of IT.

I used GT SCAN, which comes with a little hardware, because the parallel-port is only one way. (my EPSON GT 3000 did not have SCSI)
It is different of course when you habe a SCSI-interface on your scanner, GT SCAN whill support this too, and you don´t have to use special hardware.
But anyhow, you will get a programm, that saves TIF and with those you can work in different Atari programs - like Calamus SL.

I have never worked with gdpsinit.prg and I am not sure it will work.

best reagards

Christoph

BTW. Have you tried GT LOOK 2 ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 7 years ago by Melchior-Christoph v. Brincken. (view changes)
6 years ago
I recommend to always use your "native" scan software and to only import the scanned images into Calamus. Scanning directly from within Calamus has always been kind of a nightmare.

The relevant manual chapter still exists for rather historical reasons.

Grüße / Greetings / Groetjes / Salutations,
Ulf Dunkel · invers Software
Dear Christoph,

Yes I have GT Look-2 and it works perfectly under Hades and Falcon.

Ulf: I understand and use native fro example GT Look and import to Calamus is the best way.

Thanks a lot

Regards
Piotr
6 years ago
GT-Look 2 was a really great software in those old TOS days, and I really appreciate that still people use apps like this. Oh, by the way: Even 1st-BASE still works fine under Windows 7. winking smiley

Grüße / Greetings / Groetjes / Salutations,
Ulf Dunkel · invers Software
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 2 on April 24, 2019
Record Number of Guests: 32 on April 28, 2019

top top

© 1998–2019 invers Software. All rights reserved. | Privacy